Friday, May 27, 2016

Memorial Day Style

Memorial Weekend is around the corner which means summer is here and it’s time to bring out the grill and have a BBQ.  But more important, it’s a time to honor those who sacrificed their lives while serving in our armed forces.  Since Memorial Day is a patriotic holiday, I love sporting some red, white, and blue around this time! Below are three outfits perfect for your Memorial Weekend festivities.


Outfit #1 – Blue Ty-dye
I picked up this dress last summer on sale at Apricot Lane.  I loved the ty-dye print, it was flowy and it had a trendy cold shoulder detail; plus it wasn’t too short (which I personally have a hard time finding dresses long enough).  I kept the outfit simple and effortless by pairing the dress with camel lace-up block heeled sandals, camel saddle bag and accessorized with an off-white wooden cocktail ring and Stella & Dot’s Vista Wrap Bracelet and Havana Chandelier earrings.

Where to: a BBQ or a date with your significant other

Dress: Apricot Lane// Shoes: Kohl's// Purse: TJMaxx (Nine West)// Ring: Local Vendor - St. Lucia//
Bracelet/Earrings: Stella & Dot//

Outfit #2 – Crop Top + Flares
For this outfit, I of course was inspired by the 70’s.  I paired my high-waisted cropped flare jeans with a red, white, and blue printed flowy crop top.  The crop top is also from Apricot Lane last summer.  I kept the 70’s vibe going by opting for a pair of white wedges, a saddle bag, and I finished the look with Stella & Dot’s Gilded Path Double Wrap Bracelet and Havana Chandelier earrings from the previous outfit.

Where to: An outdoor concert or farmer’s market
Crop Top: Apricot Lane// Jeans: Old Navy// Shoes: Kohl's// Purse: TJMaxx (Nine West)// Ring: Local Vendor - St. Lucia// Bracelet/Earrings: Stella & Dot

Outfit #3 – Tomboy & Sporty
What’s more casual than a tee and shorts combo?  For this outfit, I paired an off-white, red, and blue horizontal stripe tee and dark washed cuffed denim shorts.  I kept the jewelry minimal with only wearing a menswear watch and I continued the sporty vibe by adding a rust faux suede baseball cap, and slipping on a pair of red Ked sneakers. I finished the look with my ever so versatile and saddle cross body bag.


Where to: Sporting event or casual hangout at the park
Shirt: Madewell (this spring)// Shorts: Old Navy// Shoes: Target// Hat: Free People (this spring)// Purse: TJMaxx (Nine West)// Watch: World Market

What are you wearing this Memorial Weekend?

No comments :

Post a Comment