Friday, May 13, 2016

Pantone 2016 Color of the Year: Rose Quartz & Serenity - Spring Edition

It’s that time of year again to bring out the Rose Quartz and Serenity.  I previously wrote a blog post on how to wear these two colors during the winter.  Now since spring is upon us, I’m going to show how you can wear rose quartz and serenity in spring!

Rose Quartz and Serenity are perfect colors for spring because they exert peace and calmness and usually colors and fabrics in spring are light and airy.  For this post, I’ve displayed work outfits utilizing rose quartz and serenity being paired together and then showing them with other colors, but using the same garment.




Outfit #1 - Rose Quartz & Serenity
For this outfit, I paired a pale pink (rose quartz) button-up silk blouse with a serenity colored ankle length dress pants.  I kept the outfit clean and minimal by accenting the outfit with white pointed heels, a white top handle purse, and silver, white, and translucent bracelets and statement earrings.  I wore a messy top knot to emphasize the statement earrings which added texture to the solid color ensemble. 

Shirt: JCPenney // Pants: Gap (sale - last year)// Shoes: Von Maur (BCBGeneration - sale last year)// Belt:.Mint L.A. (local boutique)// Purse/Jewelry: old


Outfit #2 – Serenity & Orange
Blue and orange are complementary colors so they pair great together! For this outfit, I kept the serenity colored ankle pants and swapped the pale pink blouse for a beige printed blouse that contains orange, blue-violet, and hot pink tiny polka dots.  Since the blouse contained orange, I decided to keep that my accent color and complement the outfit with orange pointed faux suede heels and an orange belt.  I topped this business casual ensemble with a tan blazer and accessorized with a white gold bracelet and statement earrings.  I recently wore this outfit to work and I received compliments on my new shoes!

Shirt: Worn (consignment shop)// Blazer: Express// Heels: Target (this spring)// Belt: Target// Bracelet: BCBG Max Azria// Earrings: JCrew Factory


Outfit #3 – Rose Quartz & Orange
Since serenity was paired with orange, I decided to continue that trend and pair rose quartz with orange.  For this outfit, I paired the pale pink silk button-up blouse from Outfit #1 and swapped the pants with a pair of camel ankle dress pants.  I topped the look with an orange cardigan and a leopard belt.  I opted for a pair of cognac oxford shoes to add a touch of menswear to this geek chic inspired outfit and finished the ensemble with a pair of tortoise framed clubmaster (or browline) sunglasses, vintage cocktail ring, and a messy top knot.


Pants: Old Navy (this past winter/spring)// Cardigan: JCPenney (sale - last year)// Belt: Target// Shoes: Dillards (Steve Madden)// Sunglasses: Wanderlust (local boutique)


Which business casual outfit is your favorite?  How would you wear Rose Quartz & Serenity during spring?

No comments :

Post a Comment