Thursday, May 5, 2016

Week of Florals: Thursday - Floral Scarf


For Day 4 of Week of Florals, I decide to showcase another accessory that can be your statement piece in you outfit.  A great way to wear a print or to try a trend you’re not sure you can pull off is by investing in an accessory, such as scarves, shoes, or even jewelry, to start.  A scarf is an ideal accessory because it can be worn multiple ways and it adds color and/or a print to your outfit.

Dress: TJMaxx (Ralph Lauren)


For this outfit, I wanted my vintage floral silk scarf to be the statement piece, but worn differently than the traditional way around your neck. Since this floral scarf has a lot of color already, I wanted to keep my outfit neutral so it can stand out more.  I wore the scarf as a headscarf and paired it with a khaki safari inspired shirtdress.  I loved the mixture of utilitarian elements with florals for a classic look.  I accessorized the outfit with a variety of Stella & Dot jewelry including the Gilded Path Double Wrap Bracelet, Wanderer Cuff in gold, Strength elephant bracelet (safari motif), and Pavé Chevron ring in gold.  I also added a vintage cocktail ring, stud earrings, and slipped on a pair of cognac wedges.  I finished the outfit off with my Stella & Dot Hudson Tote bag.

Where to: Casual Meeting or Brunch
Weekend: Swap the wedges for a pair of white laser cut slip on sandals
Work: To polish the outfit up, opt for a pair of orange pointed-toe heels and place the scarf around your purse in case headscarves are too casual.

Scarf: Vintage (grandma's)// Bracelets: Stella & Dot// Chevron Ring: Stella & Dot// Cocktail Ring: Vintage (Grandma's)// Tote Bag: Stella & Dot// Wedges: Target// Sandals: Kohl's (sale)// Heels: Target

Do you like headscarves?  What would you wear it with?

No comments :

Post a Comment