Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Special

Love is in the air!  Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and I’m getting excited to celebrate it with my boyfriend.  This holiday is special to me because it’s a time to spend some time with your loved ones and because it’s 14 days until my birthday.   When I’m celebrating Valentine’s Day, I like to incorporate either red, pink, or purple into my wardrobe.  Below I’ve created a few outfit ideas for different Valentine’s Day occasions.

Outfit # 1 - Casual Night

Cream cable-knit sweater (Old Navy); Brick red jeggings (Kohl's - Lauren Conrad); Floral scarf (H&M); Boots (DSW)
Having a movie night?   My typical go-to outfit for watching a movie is comfortable pants and a cozy sweater or jacket because I usually get cold in theaters, and I like to be relaxed and not have to fidget with a dress.  For this outfit, I paired my red jeggings with my cream colored cable-knit sweater and topped it off with my pink and red floral print scarf.

Outfit #2 - Semi-Dressy Option
  
Floral Dress (Dillards); Tights & Belt (Target); Boots (Thrift Store)

This outfit would work well if you are going to dinner at a more casual restaurant, but would still like to dress up a little.  I chose this red and black floral dress because it is can be dressed up or down.  It can be paired with some pumps or can be worn with suede boots for a dressed down look.  I also put on a sparkly belt just to add a little bit more shine to the outfit. 

Outfit # 3 - Night out with Friends
Red tie blouse (Francesa's); Beige suede skirt (BCBG Max Azria); Jewelry (Express); Booties (Wet Seal)
Are you attending a singles party or bar-hopping with friends?  Here is an outfit that is fun and sexy without showing too much skin.   I’ve always been a fan of wearing a miniskirt and a top going out because they can be more versatile than a dress.  To keep the outfit fun, flirty, and warm altogether, I paired my red tie blouse with my beige suede pleated skirt to add some texture along with some opaque black tights and red suede booties.  I added gold leaf earrings and gold bracelets for some embellishment to the ensemble.

 Stay tuned tomorrow for the reveal of my actual Valentine’s Day outfit.

    


No comments :

Post a Comment