Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Since I have been in a relationship, my boyfriend and I have gone to dinner on Valentine’s Day.  We like to eat at local restaurants and every year we have ate a restaurant we have never been to.  This year we are going to Splash Seafood Bar & Grill.  Splash is a five-star restaurant and has won numerous awards including Cityview’s 2013 Best Seafood Restaurant in Des Moines.


When I get dressed for Valentine’s Day, I have different inspirations flowing in my mind.  I could either be pretty in pink, romantic in red, or be a vixen in black.  This year I decided to be a vixen.  My interpretation of a vixen is a woman who is clever and sexy without trying too hard.  For my portrayal as a vixen I have decided to wear my black faux leather A-line dress.  I recently bought this dress because the A-line silhouette keeps the dress young and flirty and I like the juxtaposition of a feminine silhouette paired with a tough texture like leather.  Plus, I’ve wanted to buy a (faux) leather dress to add to my LBD collection and it was on sale!  I’ve paired this dress with black patterned tights to add a feminine texture and my mom's vintage western belt for originality.  I’ve finished the look with a red lip, my red suede booties and cropped cardigan for a splash of color.  I haven't decided how I'm going to style my hair yet, but I'm most likely going to add some volume with some soft tousled curls.  What are your plans for Valentine's Day and what are you going to wear?

Dress: TJMaxx// Belt: Vintage  // Cardigan/Tights : Old // Booties: Wet Seal
       

No comments :

Post a Comment