Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pantone 2014 Color of the Year: RADIANT ORCHID

Last fall, Pantone announced their 2014 Color of the Year – Radiant Orchid.  According to Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®, “An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”


When I heard Radiant Orchid was Pantone’s 2014 Color of the year, I was excited because I had recently just bought a crewneck sweater along with a floral skirt that were similar in color to Radiant Orchid.  These items I picked up were both from Target and the skirt was on sale for less than $10.  As I’ve said in an earlier post, I only buy clothes and accessories that can be worn in at least three different ways and that are within my budget.  Usually after shopping, I go home and try on my newly purchased items to see what outfits I can create with them.  Below is my take on wearing radiant orchid and transitioning the color from winter to spring.
Winter - Sweater: Target// Skirt: Target// Tights/Boots: Target// Bracelet: BCBG Max Azria//
Spring - V-neck tee: Target// Jacket: TJMaxx// Oxford shoes: Dillards// Bracelet: shop in Galena
Winter – Gray Accents
This floral skirt has accents of navy, white, orange, and light pink.   I decided to winterize the skirt by pairing it with my crewneck sweater, gray heeled boots and tights.  This skirt would also look great with navy accents instead of gray for winter.  This outfit would be a great option for a casual dinner date or brunch.

Spring – Casual Cool
To transition this outfit into spring, I swapped the sweater for a white cotton v-neck tee, the gray boots for oxford shoes and added a cognac leather jacket.  This outfit would work well for weekend errands on a nice warm spring day.

How would you wear Radiant Orchid?     

No comments :

Post a Comment