Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Trend: Gingham

Happy April Fool’s Day!! Spring is here and Easter is around the corner – time to start investing in some spring trends.  Gingham is a popular trend this season, but I actually believe it’s more of a spring and summer staple in which I think everyone – men and women – need to invest in a piece.  This picnic table print can come in a variety of colors, but of course mine is green because green is my favorite color and I tend to think of this hue as the epitome of spring due to the flourishing green grass and trees.  Below are three different outfits utilizing my green gingham button-up shirt.



Outfit #1 – Green and Blue
Green and blue is a perfect spring color combo.  For this outfit, I paired the gingham shirt with royal blue skinny jeans.  I accessorized with a pair of white keds, white statement necklace and minimal jewelry.  I finished the casual look with a loose side braid.

Shirt: JCPenny // Jeans: JCPenny (sale) // Shoes: Target // Necklace & Bracelet: JCPenny // Ring: (old)
Outfit #2 – Menswear Details
Since gingham can be worn by both genders, I created an outfit that embraced an androgynous vibe.  I paired the gingham shirt khaki boyfriend ankle pants along with a brown fedora and cognac oxford shoes.  A menswear watch is another great detail that can be added to the ensemble.

Shirt: JCPenny // Pants: Old Navy // Shoes: Dillards (Steve Madden) // Hat: Vintage - Grandpa's 
Outfit #3 – Lemon and Lime
Another color that can be paired with green is yellow.  For this outfit, I was inspired by the fruit flavors found in Sprite and 7up soft drinks.  This time, I tied up the ends of the gingham shirt for a summer twist and paired it with bright yellow skinny jeans.  I added white wedges, a belt, and retro sunglasses to the complement the refreshing color combo.  This outfit would be a great option on a sunny day.

Shirt: JCPenny // Jeans: Marshalls // Belt: Mint L.A. // Shoes: Kohl's // Sunglasses: Atomic Garage (Vintage)
How would you wear gingham?

No comments :

Post a Comment