Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Earth Tones for Earth Day!!

Happy Earth Day!! Since it’s Earth Day, what better way than to showcase some outfits featuring an earth tone color scheme.  An earth tone color scheme draws from Mother Nature’s natural pigments in dirt, rocks, minerals, moss and trees which consist of browns, tans, greens, deep oranges, and warm grays.  I usually gravitate towards wearing earth tones on a regular basis because I think they look great with my skin tone.  Below are three different outfits containing these muted tones.


Outfit #1 - Love me some Olive(s)
For this outfit, I paired my olive peasant shirt with dark wash skinny jeans and brown cowboy boots for a casual rugged look.  I accessorized with an olive, red-orange, and brown stripe headband, antique gold metallic cuff, cocktail ring, and a muted pink stone necklace for a bohemian touch.

Shirt: Old Navy // Jeans: American Eagle // Boots: Vendor at Iowa State Fair //
Headband/Necklace/Bracelet: World Market // Ring: Vintage (Grandma's)
Outfit #2 - Ochre & Prints
Ochre, which is a natural earth pigment, varies from yellow to dark orange to brown.  For this outfit, ochre is classified as a dark orange.  I decided to mix stripes and a print so I paired my Fossil ochre and ivory stripe shirtdress with my bohemian color block and print casual shoe along with a cognac faux leather jacket for an added layer.  I finished the ensemble with some owl earrings, a cocktail ring, and wood bracelets to emulate earth’s surroundings.

Dress: Fossil // Jacket: TJMaxx // Shoes: Payless (sale) // Earrings: Old Navy //
Bracelets: Craft Fair // Ring: Vintage (Grandma's)
Outfit #3 - Taupe For Work
For this last outfit, I paired a brown, mustard, and green print cowl neck shirt with taupe capri dress pants along with forest green suede heels.  I accessorized with a pair of chevron mustard earrings made out of recycled material, a chevron print gold bracelet, and a cocktail ring.  This outfit would be appropriate for the workplace during the spring or fall, just switch darker tones for more white accents during spring.

Shirt: Younkers // Pants: BCBG Max Azria // Belt: Target // Shoes: Clarks //
Bracelet: Express // Earrings: Craft Fair // Ring: Vintage (Grandma's)
Do you like to wear earth tones? How would you wear them?

No comments :

Post a Comment