Thursday, May 10, 2012

Peacock Chic

Dignity and beauty are two characteristics that describe a peacock.  With their colorful feathers of blues and greens, peacock feathers symbolize renewal and immortality according to early Christian beliefs.  I was shopping at Homemakers awhile back and their entrance interior settings displayed many peacock accessories.  This interior design display gave me inspiration for this particular outfit.  I already had a pair of peacock feather earrings, so I decided to start with those as a foundation to my outfit.  Since color-blocking has been a trend this spring, I wanted to integrate blue with green.  I grabbed my kelly green cigarette cropped pants and pair it with a royal blue scrub like top.  I styled my hair in a half-up hair-do to show off the peacock earrings.  I topped off the outfit with a pair of blue flats to keep the look mod.  This outfit became Peacock Chic.


Blue scrub top (BCBG Max Azria); Green cigarette pants (Express); Blue ballet flats (Target); Peacock Earrings (Heritage).







No comments :

Post a Comment