Thursday, May 10, 2012

Grecian Casual

The inspiration for this outfit came from two items: my tan/gold flats and a braided headband.  While looking at these two items, I thought they contained Grecian characteristics from the gold ribboning on the flats to the braid in the headband.  With this outfit I worked my way up from toe to head since I already had chosen the footwear.  To really showcase the flats, I needed to wear dark washed skinny jeans to make the flats pop more. Since this outfit was Grecian/Roman inspired, I started thinking other characteristics of this theme. Then I was inspired by Olympic Games which originated in Greece and winners would receive olive wreaths.  Olive wreaths then inspired me to choose an olive green shirt; I picked a lighter olive green button up shirt.  I added a khaki cardigan to match the khaki color in the braided headband and flats.  For my hair, I decided to wear the braided headband with a loose bun to emphasize the headband.  This look became Grecian Casual.

Green military shirt (Express on sale); Dark wash skinny jeans (Express); Merona khaki cardigan (Target); gold/tan flats (Antonio Melani - Dillards); Braided heaband (Walgreens).







No comments :

Post a Comment