Wednesday, April 18, 2012

50's Youth Rebellion

One of my favorite trends this season is the revival of the 1950’s.  Even though the emphasis is more on the ladylike silhouette of that decade, I decided to create an outfit inspired by the 1950’s youth.  Different elements that I pulled inspiration from were pink ladies and t-birds from Grease, and rebel styles from James Dean and Marlon Brando.  I decided to wear my high waisted black capris and white and black stripe tee.  Since denim became more popular in the 50’s, I decided to incorporate denim in my outfit with a denim vest.  For shoes, I wore my basic black converse shoes to stay true with 50’s youth.  I also added my cat-eyed framed sunglasses and big white loop earrings to add feminity to the ensemble.







Items: white/black stripe tee (Express); denim vest and capri pants (BCBGeneration); cat-eye sunglasses (Atomic Gargage); converse shoes.

50's Youth Rebellion
Polyvore.com

2 comments :

  1. Hey sweetie! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura!! Thanks for your lovely comment and for reading my blog! I checked out your blog as well, and I would love to be your friend and follow each other!

      Delete