Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine's Day Special - Hot Pink Lady

Valentine’s Day is this weekend, do you already have romantic plans with your loved one or are you celebrating with your gal pals?  This year, my husband Mike and I are heading to Centro, one of Des Moines’s most renowned restaurants.  It’s been awhile since we have been to Centro and we are excited to celebrate our first Valentine’s Day as a married couple! 

This year for Valentine’s Day, I will be wearing hot pink. For every Valentine’s Day, I like to switch up the color I wear.  Three years ago I wore red, two years ago I wore a black with red accents, and last year I wore purple.  Generally, pink is not my go-to color, but I fell in love with a hot pink sheath dress I found on sale at Nordstrom Rack this past fall.  I love this sheath dress because of its classic silhouette, the bold color, and its unique cutout details.   This dress has a lot of versatility because it can be worn in the winter as shown below, or it can be worn during the warmer months because of its a bright color.


For this special occasion I wanted to amp up this hot pink dress by combining it with accents of black and white so I paired the dress with black opaque tights and my new black and white printed stilettos I recently bought this past fall.  I decided to wear my hair in a messy chignon in order to highlight my black and silver jeweled statement earrings.  I finished the look with a silver bracelet, cocktail ring, and a hot pink lip.

Dress; Nordstrom Rack (sale) //Shoes/Tights: Target // Earrings/Bracelet: Express // Ring: Von Maur
What are you wearing to celebrate Valentine’s Day?

No comments :

Post a Comment