Thursday, December 31, 2015

Sparkle, Shimmer, Sequins, Oh My!!

Happy New Year!!


It’s New Year’s Eve and what better way to celebrate than to get dolled up in some sparkle, shimmer, or sequins? I love experimenting with different textures and metallics this time of year!  Which metallic shall I choose this year?  Gold, silver, rose gold or even bronze?  Below I’ve created three outfits for different NYE occasions.


Outfit #1 – Creative Formal Event
This outfit is a great option if you are headed to a more formal NYE event but want to make a statement.  Yes, you can wear basic cocktail dresses, but what’s the fun in looking similar to everyone else.  If you like to take risks with your clothes, then maybe think of this option.  For this outfit, I wore a black, pale pink and gold brocade crop top and matching high waisted midi skirt.  I loved this two-piece set because it had a rich texture and the pink and gold combined made a rose gold illusion on the outfit.  I accessorized the outfit with black lace tights and gold heels, a bronze envelope clutch, and gold statement earrings and rings.  Since I wanted to emphasize the texture of the dress and earrings, I curled my hair and pinned it back away from my face so the outfit can really shine.  I recently wore this outfit to the YPC Inaugural Gala this past December.

Crop Top/Skirt: Von Maur (this fall) // Tights: Old // Shoes: Old // Clutch: BCBG Max Azria // Earrings; Old
Outfit #2 – Silver & Ice Blue
This next outfit would be a good option for someone who is attending a NYE party and wants to make a statement, but doesn’t want to outshine the host.  For this outfit, instead of a dress I wore separates.  I paired my ice blue button-up blouse with a silver pleated skirt along with a black belt to define my waist and black opaque tights.  I splashed the outfit with some color by slipping on color blocked pointed stilettos, silver jewelry, and a matte red-orange lip to complement the red in the heels.  I pulled my hair back halfway to showcase the earrings and lip color.

Shirt: Express // Skirt: BCBGeneration // Tights: Target (old) // Belt/Bracelet: Express // Shoes: Kohl's (Rock N Republic - this year) //Earrings; Old // Ring: Von Maur // Lip Color: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm "Striking Spectaculaire"
Outfit #3 – Black & Gold
This last outfit is a good option for someone who prefers to wear pants on New Year’s than a dress and maybe likes to wear sparkle subtlety.  This outfit would be great if you are having a more relaxed, intimate NYE – going to a lounge for some dinner and drinks or celebrating with a small group of people.  Since the outfit is mostly black, I amped up the texture and maximized the accessories in the outfit.  I paired a black and gold sparkly oversized sweater with black pleather leggings and black ankle boots.  I accessorized the outfit with a plethora of gold jewelry.  I finished the look with a bronze envelope clutch and a red-orange lip for a pop of color. 

Sweater/Necklace/Earrings: Express (this year) // Pants: Express (old) // Bracelet: Express // Rings: Old Navy // Clutch: BCBG Max Azria 
Which outfit is your favorite?  What are you wearing for New Year’s Eve? 

No comments :

Post a Comment