Monday, September 24, 2012

Week of Chic: Green with Envy

Last week I decided to be inspired by my favorite color green.  Each outfit last week is designed for a business casual workplace which includes a different shade or tint of green.  Below are a few ideas to incorporate different hues of green into your wardrobe.

Monday: Mint sweater
Monday I could slowly feel the cooler, autumn weather approaching, but I wasn’t ready to put away my pastel colors just yet.  Instead, I decided to transition my mint sweater into an outfit that mixes both summer and fall.  I recently bought a pair of navy dress pants and I thought this was a great opportunity to combine navy and mint together.  Since I thought white heightened the mint color and made it pop more, I wore a white tank top underneath and added white kitten heels.  To add more dimension, I wore a navy boyfriend blazer with a teal skinny belt to accentuate my waist.  This outfit transitions well from business casual to casual by just swapping the navy dress pants with a pair of dark-washed skinny jeans and some boats shoes.
 
 
 
Mint sweater (Charlotte Russe); Navy Pants (Gap); Navy Blazer (H&M); Teal belt (TJ Maxx); White kitten heels (Plato's Closet)
 
 
Tuesday: Kelly green café pants
Tuesday I woke up already wanting to wear my kelly green café pants with a top knot.  Since I think a top knot hairstyle gives off a modern edgy look, I decided to build my outfit around that theme.  To enhance the edgy vibe, I wore a leopard mock turtleneck sleeveless top with black western-inspired boots and a skinny black belt.  To keep the look more appropriate for the workplace, just add a black blazer which gives a tailored touch to the ensemble.
 
 
Kelly green pants (Express); Leopard top (Express); Belt (Target); Western-inspired boots (BCBGeneration at Dillards); Earrings (Gift)
 
 
Wednesday: Teal flowy skirt
Wednesday I wore my teal flowy skirt which can be altered for the cooler weather by complementing it with tan suede boots and a lightweight blazer over a purple tee.  I completed the casual chic look with a bracelet with teal, purple, and silver detailing.
 
 
Teal flowy skirt (Walmart); Purple shirt (Plato's Closet); Blazer (Target); Boots (Second-hand store) Bracelet (Kohl's)
 
Thursday: Olive safari shirt
Thursday I started my outfit choice with my new snake printed stilettos as my inspiration.  These heels have a hint of olive green in them so in response I decided to pair the shoes with an olive green two-pocket safari shirt. I wore a simple black bandage pencil skirt and layered a light khaki blazer over the shirt to reflect the colors of black and light tan alluded in the snake-print.  I finished the look with a silver skinny belt at the waist and silver necklace and earrings to imitate the light sheen on the stilettos.  Simple hair and makeup kept the look clean and tailored.  For a more casual look using the olive green shirt, go to Grecian Casual post.


 
Olive green safari shirt (Express on sale); Black power skirt (BCBG Max Azria); Khaki blazer (Target); Silver belt (TJ Maxx); Snake-print Heels (Target)
 

 
Friday: Lime green v-neck sweater
Two things I love about this sweater are that it can be worn with or without the white collar and the fabric makes it appropriate for cooler and warmer weather.  I felt inspired by the 1970’s decade after watching the movie Dazed and Confused.  Since jeans can be worn at my workplace for casual Friday, coincidentally, I paired the sweater with my high-waisted wide legged jeans and threw a big brown belt around my waist.  I coated the look with a pendant peace sign necklace and plum floppy hat as homage to the decade.   
 



Lime green sweater (The Limited); Jeans (Victoria's Secret Catalog); Belt (Borrowed from my mom); Peace Pendant (Forever 21); Floppy Hat (Gordmans)
 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment