Friday, May 20, 2016

Spring/Summer Trend: Exposed Shoulders

As the temperature starts warming up, it’s time to bare those shoulders.  Exposing the shoulders has become a big trend with off-the shoulder, cutout cold shoulder, or one-shoulder shirts and dresses popping up everywhere.  I remember eyeing an off-the-shoulder shirt last summer at Loft, but I decided to wait because I was sure the exposed shoulder trend was not going to go away after one season. 

When the spring season starting coming around again, I knew I wanted to invest in a comfy shirt that exposed the shoulders in some way.  My personal preference in embracing this trend was a cutout cold shoulder shirt.  With the cold shoulder, I wouldn’t have to be readjusting like I would when wearing an off-the-shoulder shirt.  I thought the cold shoulder would be more comfortable and easier to wear for my body shape.  When I came across this shirt at Target, I knew I had to try it on.  I loved the lightness and crinkled texture of the shirt, it wasn’t too sheer, and it was a little boho-inspired with the wide sleeves.  Since the shirt was off-white, I knew it was versatile and can be worn in a variety of ways.  Below I’ve created three outfits utilizing the same cold shoulder top.



Outfit #1 – Bare Shoulders & Cropped Flares
For this outfit I created a 70’s inspired look by pairing the cold shoulder shirt with a pair of trendy denim high-waisted cropped flares.  I accessorized with a gold and teal tassel necklace, gold intricate earrings, a gold cocktail ring, and the Stella & Dot Gilded Path Double Wrap bracelet.  I opted for a pair of camel lace-up block heeled sandals and a saddle bag to finish the ensemble.

Shirt: Target// Pants: Old Navy (this spring)// Shoes: Kohl's (this spring)// Purse: TJMaxx (Nine West)// Bracelet: Stella & Dot// Necklace: Dry Goods// Earrings: Von Maur//Cocktail Ring: Old Navy


Outfit #2 – Bare Shoulders & Seersucker

For this nautical inspired look, I paired the cold shoulder shirt with a pair of wide-leg seersucker pants.  I accessorized with the Stella & Dot Arc Pendant Necklace and Gilded Path Double Wrap bracelet and simple studs.  I finished the casual look with a Panama hat, straw tote bag, and white slip on sandals.
Pants: Walmart (old)// Shoes: Kohl's (sale - last summer)//Necklace/Bracelet: Stella & Dot// Hat: French Market (New Orleans)// Purse: Target
 
Outfit #3 – Bare Shoulders At Night

For a summer night out look, I paired the shirt with a pair of dressy black shorts.  To transition the outfit from day to night, I opted for a pair of black strappy heels, a neon clutch, and a red-orange lip.  I finished the look with Stella & Dot accessories - Arc Pendant Necklace, Rebel Pendant Necklace, and Gilded Path Double Wrap bracelet.


Shorts: BCBGeneration// Shoes: JCPenney// Purse: Francesca's



Do you like the Exposed Shoulders trend?  How would you wear it?

No comments :

Post a Comment