Friday, November 18, 2016

Worn 3 Ways: Sutton Necklace

If you don’t know already, I joined Stella & Dot as an Independent Stylist back in the spring and it has been a great journey and learning experience! One of the biggest things I love about Stella & Dot’s jewelry and accessories is that many of their items are versatile – they can be worn multiple ways or can be taken apart or extended.

One of my favorite necklaces is the Sutton Necklace – which can be worn 5 different ways.  Also, the Sutton Necklace comes in silver, gold, or mixed metals.  I own the mixed metals version because I like jewelry that has mixed metals and I also feel it can be more versatile.  This necklace is definitely one to invest in.

For this post, I decided to showcase the versatility of the Sutton Necklace by displaying how to wear it with a work, weekend, and night outfit.


Outfit #1: Sutton Necklace w/Snake Print
For this outfit, I paired the Sutton necklace with a white silk sleeveless blouse and camel ankle pants.  I layered this classic neutral outfit with a classic navy boyfriend blazer. I finished the ensemble with an orange belt, menswear watch, and a pair of snake printed heels to add another texture.

Stylist Tip: Snake print, similar to leopard, also acts as neutral print.  Incorporate some snake print into your wardrobe.
Shirt: Loft (this summer) | Blazer: H&M | Pants: Old Navy | Shoes/Belt: Target | Watch: World Market
Outfit #2: Sutton Necklace - Casual Holiday
For this weekend outfit, I toned down the Sutton necklace by pairing it with a red long sleeve shirt and dark skinny jeans layered with a cream oversized cardigan.  I finished this casual look with a pair of metallic slip-on sneakers to complement the necklace.  This would be a great casual outfit for the upcoming holidays.

Stylist Tip: Yes, statement necklaces can be worn during the daytime.  Keep the rest of your outfit casual with comfortable textures, such as knits and denim.
Shirt: Old Navy | Sweater: Target | Jeans: American Eagle (old) | Shoes: Call It Spring
Outfit #3: Sutton Necklace w/Cold Shoulders
For the night outfit, I paired the Sutton necklace with my new Target black cold shoulder sweater and charcoal skinny jeans.  I was inspired by a tough rocker vibe, so opted for my some statement over the knee boots.  I finished this date night look with side swept hair and a dark red lip for some drama.

Stylist Tip: Black is always a go-to color for night.  To make black stand out and not look so subdued, shop for pieces that have unique details, such as cold shoulders, embroidery, embellishments, or even a different type of sleeve or neckline.
Sweater: Target (this season) | Pants: TJMaxx (Jessica Simpson | Boots: Charlotte Russe | Ring: Stella & Dot
Are you ready to invest in the Sutton Necklace yet?  Head to www.stelladot.com/kristingredys to purchase it for the holidays!


No comments :

Post a Comment