Friday, September 9, 2016

Summer to Fall: White After Labor Day

Labor Day has come and gone meaning fall is just around the corner.  The old saying “You can’t wear white after Labor Day” is clearly out of date and white is embraced once September hits.  For this post, I’ll explain how to transition your white jeans you have been wearing this summer into the fall by only switching out shoes and accessories and adding a jacket.



Summer: White & Gold Accents
For this casual summer ensemble, I paired a gray loose muscle tank with my cropped white jeans. To splash up this simple outfit, I accessorized with my Stella & Dot Mirage Pendant along with the Havana Chandelier earrings, Gilded Path Double Wrap Bracelet, and Pave Chevron Ring.  I finished the look with my Stella & Dot Hudson Bag and tan and gold sandals.  I recently wore this outfit running errands on a weekend.

Tank: Old Navy (this spring) | Jeans: Kohl's (Lauren Conrad Collection - old) | Shoes: Payless | Necklace/Earrings/Ring/Bracelet/Tote: Stella & Dot

Fall: Black Leather Accents
To transition this outfit into fall, I swapped out white and gold accents with black and leather accents.  I switched out the pendant necklace for the Stella & Dot Riad Layering Necklace, which contains mixed metals, and switched out the gold ring for a silver Gemini Ring.  I layered the outfit with a faux leather jacket and opted for some quilted black slip on sneakers for a casual downtown look.
Jacket: Kohl's (Lauren Conrad Collection - old) | Shoes: Steve Madden (this spring) | Necklace/Ring: Stella & Dot
Tip: Once the weather starts cooling down, swap out white for an off-white or cream item during the winter months. 

How would you wear white after Labor Day? 

No comments :

Post a Comment